Call for entry- Why do you create?
January 13 – 26 2020
The VAM Gallery
Voted for Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Work will be juried for selection.
VAM will host our Why do you create? an exhibition asks artists what inspires them to get creative. Is it a person, place, or thing? Share with us in a medium of your choice, your creative inspiration. Contribute to the conversation amongst artists in the City about their creative process. Get connected and join us on social media to vote for your favourite artwork and promote your work.
APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE: Why do you create 2019 Call for Entry
Terms of Entry
• Artists (18 years +) may enter one piece for consideration
• The work must be original and recent (2017-2019)
• Submissions must be 2-dimensional (painting, drawing etc.)
• Maximum size is 36 x 48 inches for 2-dimensional work. NOTE: 36 inches is the maximum height.
• Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com with the
Subject: Create. Please attach the Entry Form and one JPG (1MB) image of piece.
• Please attach a short artist statement (250 words or less) reflecting on how this work connects to what inspires you- tell us why do you create?
• At intake of accepted work, each piece must be exhibition-ready and properly wired by the artist (wiring must be attached). Works with faulty or poor wiring will not be accepted.
• VAM reserves the right to decline a submission deemed unsuitable for the exhibit: this includes work not dry; insecurely or improperly framed; work created with assistance, reproductions, or copies of another’s artwork (including instructor’s demos) and works inappropriate for our mixed-aged viewers.
• VAM will not be responsible for works during drop off, pick up, during the exhibit, or those left after the pick-up date.
• Insurance coverage to and from and during the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
• Textiles or 2-dimensional work intended for wall display must be in a wired frame.
• Please no new media submissions, ie. Video or electrically powered artwork, etc.
December 12: Deadline for submission
December 13: Accepted artists will be notified
January 11 and 12: Drop off at VAM from 10 am to 3 pm
January 25: Public voting at VAM closes and winners will be announced January 26
January 26: Exhibition closing
- About Us
- Contact Us