NUT FREE FOODS AND PRODUCTS: Please remember we are a nut free Art Centre. All foods and products must be free of tree nuts or peanuts.
SCENT FREE – VAM strives to provide a healthy work and learning environment. Please help us keep the air we share healthy and fragrance free. We greatly appreciate your cooperation!
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS AND CREDITS: All refunds or credits are subject to a $30 administrative fee.
- Cancellations for a course must be made by the customer one week prior to the scheduled start date. Cancellations made less than one week from the start date of course will not receive a refund. Magic Mondays are non-refundable. Customers may be able to switch to another date if space is available. You must call the office
- Cancellation for camps must be made by the customer no less than two weeks prior to the scheduled start date after which there is no refund.
- Memberships and entry fees to exhibitions are non-refundable.
As per the Government of Canada and Public Health service recommendation to wear a mask in public indoor settings, Visual Arts Mississauga will maintain our mask policy for our Summer session beginning July 4 through to August 26, 2022 for all indoor courses including VAM Kids summer camp. Masks must be worn while inside our studios or visiting our exhibitions. During camp, masks may be
removed during lunch, recess breaks and all outdoor activities.
We take the health and safety of our students, instructors and staff seriously. There will be increased sanitizing of shared equipment, and high touch surfaces and Neutra-Lyze fogging of our studios. We will maintain smaller camp groups and adhere to strict guidelines for campers showing any signs of sickness with daily health checks, and our drop off/pick up for parents will minimize contact.
Please continue to monitor your symptoms and use your best judgment when attending class at Visual Arts Mississauga.
• All staff and students must wear a face mask that securely covers the nose, mouth and chin.
• Staff will disinfect high-touch surfaces in common areas door handles, sink taps, and light switches between classes and the building will be fully cleaned nightly by a professional cleaning service.
• The City of Mississauga will clean the washroom area throughout the day.
• Students will be allowed into the building 15 minutes before the start of class.
• Hand sanitizer stations will be situated in each studio and hallway.
• For students taking morning and afternoon classes, food can only be eaten outside the building, not in the hallway.
• Any shared supplies will be disinfected after use.
POSTPONEMENTS: In the event that a course or workshop has insufficient registration one week prior to start date, VAM Administration reserves the right to postpone or cancel the class and will provide a full refund to the customer.
SUBSTITUTIONS: Should an Instructor be unavailable due to illness or other unforeseeable circumstances, Visual Arts Mississauga reserves the right to substitute another instructor.
TRANSFERS: A request to transfer from one course to another is possible only if there is a space available and if the transfer is made two weeks before the course begins. A $30 administrative fee applies to transfers. Transfers will not be made once the term has begun.
AUDITING: Auditing or sitting in on any course for any reason is not permitted.
Proof of payment must be presented to the instructor at the first class.
MAKE UP CLASSES: VAM does not offer make-up classes for students who are absent from regularly scheduled classes.
POLICY ON PHYSICAL AND/OR VERBAL AGGRESSION: At Visual Arts Mississauga, we strive to provide a fun, safe and enriching program to all of our students. VAM has a zero tolerance policy for violence and bullying. Students who display aggressive, harassing, hateful, violent, or otherwise disrespectful behaviour will be removed from programs at the discretion of the Executive Director or Arts Program Coordinator. A refund for the balance of remaining classes will be issued. (Subject to the $30.00 administration fee)
ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY: To the best of its ability, VAM is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. You can read more about our accessibility on the AccessTO website and in our VAM Accessibility Policy